Our New Life.....Together

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Our New Desk

I got into yard selling this summer while Rob was working and going to school. I bought this desk for $20. It was painted black, but the paint job wasn't very high quality so Rob and I decided to repaint it.

 I found out the hard way that stripping paint is hard work. I started out stripping it by hand then gave up. Our home teachers came and saw my unfinished work and one of the overed us a eletric saw. We finished the desk a week later. We are so grateful for Brother Donaldson.
 We got primer and spray paint from Home Depot and picked out new hardware for the drawers. The old handles were made of wood and were very ugly. I tore them off before painting.
Rob took special interest in painting the table. I wonder if he didn't think I was capable, but I didn't mind sitting back and watching. He did a good job, and he was fast too. If it weren't for him, I would still be working on the desk. 
After a lot of hard work, mostly Rob, our desk is finally complete. We were kinda scared about how the color would look, but when we were done we really liked. it. It is like a deep beige/light brown color. I think it was called toupe. It was a fun project.
End Product: cant' hardly recognize it from what it was to
begin with.



No comments:

Post a Comment